I worked on finishing the Primordial model today. On advice from Sang I started in Maya to build and complete the teeth using cylinders as base models. I ran into some problems with the inverted vertices but thankfully I had some help to fix it and then export them into Z-Brush. After that I adjusted his teeth to fit into his jawline. It took more work than I expected, having gotten used to Z-Brush’s interface it was disorienting at first to go back into Maya. I was lost for the better part of an hour but I pushed passed it in the end. I have conflicted feelings about Maya and my abilities to use it well as it’s a very overwhelming program. In any case once the teeth were fitted and detailed I moved onto painting the model which was incredibly fun. After watching a quick tutorial on Digital Tutors I changed the model’s material to one named Z-Bro Paint and got to work. The new material was excellent to paint and add colour on. The painting process went by quickly and by the time I called it a day I had the model completed (whoohoo!) and ready for rigging. But I will save the image of that for my next post.
Modelling The Teeth In Maya
First Attempt At Fixing The Inverse Sides
Bringing The Teeth Into Z-Brush
Adjusting The Teeth To Fit The Jaw
Changing Material To Z-Bro Paint And Texturing The Teeth
Painting/Colouring The Head
Finishing The Head